March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status! *FINISHED*

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
User avatar
COOLguy
Posts: 4005
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:58 am
Location: Nenuial, Arnor

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by COOLguy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:41 pm

You can email me, and I can make it smaller, or you can upload it and post a link like DoomCarrot and I do.
Thanks!
Josh

User avatar
RiverRaider 1097
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:38 pm
Location: Resistance..USA

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by RiverRaider 1097 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:29 pm

Good game Lagitkiller, I conceded fellas )
and remember,wherever your at,there you are

User avatar
DoomCarrot
Posts: 3089
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:04 pm
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by DoomCarrot » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:50 pm

So LagitKiller has won? The game is over?
Last edited by DoomCarrot on Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

LagitKiller
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by LagitKiller » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:30 pm

Yeah, he resigned after i took a town and was going to take another the next turn, it was hard to impossible for him to come back. It was a good game river raider

User avatar
DoomCarrot
Posts: 3089
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:04 pm
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by DoomCarrot » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:40 pm

Very well, good game! I shall update the brackets! You're to the right of Daniel, so you know what to do :)

Good luck to the Daniel vs. LagitKiller game!
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

User avatar
DoomCarrot
Posts: 3089
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:04 pm
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by DoomCarrot » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:00 pm

An update for COOLGuy vs DoomCarrot:

We plugged on despite our bizarre glitch. However, with the knowledge of how our original strategies played out, we both took some different routes.
As you can see, I focused on building fortifications in the north. COOLGuy built some ships in the river to prevent my catapult ship massacre that happened before the glitch, and he successfully held me back from hitting his blacksmith/advancements center. He likely has cannons by now, as I just stole massive walls from him, and who researches massive walls before gunpowder? :lol:

Speaking of stealing, he has lost both tc's on our border. The Northern one he did a good job holding for a while, mostly due to my stupidity of sending only ranged units to take it, as well as my catapult ship missing multiple times. :oops:
The Southern one was an unpredicted loss for him I believe. His garrison was very small, and I overwhelmed it easily with a wagon o' knights. He will probably take it back with some scattered reinforcements, but I suspect it will be a no-man's-land for a while.

As for points, we have been neck-and-neck for a while, with about a 10-200 point difference that has gone back and forth.
Image
image hosting no account
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

User avatar
COOLguy
Posts: 4005
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:58 am
Location: Nenuial, Arnor

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by COOLguy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:15 pm

I suppose that you are all dying to hear from the COOLprotectorate. Does the DCPR tell the truth? Is the DCPR actually close to changing the momentum of the game? Does the DCPR even have a prayer? ;)

I will answer all of these questions with questions of my own:
-Did the DCPR tell you about how the COOLfront has retaken those border towns?
-Did the DCPR tell you that while they did it, the COOLfront were able to capture TWO techs resulting in over 17 turns of research?
-Did the DCPR tell you that they have been scrambling to catch up in research and fortifications since the beginning of the game?
-Did the DCPR tell you that he has no idea of the strength of the COOLfront or what they build until it is too late?
-Did the DCPR tell you that this 10-200 point gap has always been in favor of the COOLprotectorate? AND
-That the gap is now 600?
-Did the DCPR tell you that the COOLfront has outfoxed him since the opening game to seize more production facilities?
and finally:
-Did the DCPR tell you that the DCPR even had a prayer?
;)

Nice try Doom. Your assaults were amusing. :) Honestly I did not expect the south, but I was prepared anyway. And as I said: the north is just a feint. The south is my endgame.
Thanks!
Josh

User avatar
DoomCarrot
Posts: 3089
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:04 pm
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by DoomCarrot » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:18 pm

I know, I see the wagons full of cannons being built... But the people of the DCPR must hope nonetheless! The People's Republic does not give up!
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

User avatar
COOLguy
Posts: 4005
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:58 am
Location: Nenuial, Arnor

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by COOLguy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:34 pm

lol I love how you have to surmise what I have and don't have - there's a tip for you ;)
DoomCarrot wrote:But the people of the DCPR must hope nonetheless! The People's Republic does not give up!
Honestly, that's why I love playing you. :D
Thanks!
Josh

User avatar
Hardeep
Posts: 1121
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 11:06 pm
Location: Isengard, middle earth

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by Hardeep » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:54 pm

Lol, this:
COOLguy wrote:I suppose that you are all dying to hear from the COOLprotectorate. Does the DCPR tell the truth? Is the DCPR actually close to changing the momentum of the game? Does the DCPR even have a prayer? ;)

I will answer all of these questions with questions of my own:
-Did the DCPR tell you about how the COOLfront has retaken those border towns?
-Did the DCPR tell you that while they did it, the COOLfront were able to capture TWO techs resulting in over 17 turns of research?
-Did the DCPR tell you that they have been scrambling to catch up in research and fortifications since the beginning of the game?
-Did the DCPR tell you that he has no idea of the strength of the COOLfront or what they build until it is too late?
-Did the DCPR tell you that this 10-200 point gap has always been in favor of the COOLprotectorate? AND
-That the gap is now 600?
-Did the DCPR tell you that the COOLfront has outfoxed him since the opening game to seize more production facilities?
and finally:
-Did the DCPR tell you that the DCPR even had a prayer?
;)

Nice try Doom. Your assaults were amusing. :) Honestly I did not expect the south, but I was prepared anyway. And as I said: the north is just a feint. The south is my endgame.
Really shows how truthful the DCPR has been throughout its conception, and how it is composed as of now.
Just deception, and delusion :lol:
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope

User avatar
COOLguy
Posts: 4005
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:58 am
Location: Nenuial, Arnor

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by COOLguy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:03 am

COOLguy wrote:-That the gap is now 600?
Now 700 :)
Thanks!
Josh

User avatar
DoomCarrot
Posts: 3089
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:04 pm
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by DoomCarrot » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:56 am

Terrible news from the DCPR!

The COOLNation has overwhelemed our assault, and has begun a counter attack! The border cities which we once fought to control are now firmly in the hands of the evil COOLFront organization! And worse than that, they have literally "turtled" off the river, leaving our main invasion fleet bottlenecked in the river...

They have also begun to send trebuchets to destroy our northern fortifications. Hopefully, the DCPR will be able to destroy these siege weapons, but it shall be costly.

The COOLNation has stolen many of our prized military training tactics, and are now capable of producing ranged units on par with our legions! And, worse than all of this, their points have sharply spiked above the DCPR's... However, thankfully for us, points mean nothing! :D
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

User avatar
COOLguy
Posts: 4005
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:58 am
Location: Nenuial, Arnor

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by COOLguy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:07 am

Image
upload a picture

Well, the battle in a nutshell: I am winning.

Maybe it is hard to see, but the points are over 1000 in my favor. I have retained all my precious towns. Doom has lost his momentum and quite a few units along with it (such as a castle and soon his other one). :)

And on top of that, I, the COOLprotector, have returned (see my post in Off Topics). I will be personally heading this COOLfront, so expect an all advance order in about 4 turns. :)
Thanks!
Josh

User avatar
DoomCarrot
Posts: 3089
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:04 pm
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by DoomCarrot » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:23 am

This... This is impossible. Our hard earned gems, about to be thrown to the pectorate. This is.... A devastating blow not only to the river legions, but to to DCPR as a whole.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

User avatar
DoomCarrot
Posts: 3089
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:04 pm
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by DoomCarrot » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:00 am

Well, the game has turned into a desperate mantlet-spamming fest on my end, as COOLGuy's unstoppable forces have taken control of everything but deep DCPR territory, the garrisons of which are surrounded and outnumbered 10 to 1.

This game probably won't last much longer :lol:

On a side note: How is Daniel vs Lagitkiller going? I hope this game is in process?
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

User avatar
COOLguy
Posts: 4005
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:58 am
Location: Nenuial, Arnor

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by COOLguy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:56 am

You can see:
Image

Doom has created a moving palisade forest of mantlets. His land is strangely devoid of any fortifications... or many troops...
Thanks!
Josh

LagitKiller
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by LagitKiller » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:58 pm

I just resigned against daniel, I had no way of coming back, good luck to the championship game

User avatar
COOLguy
Posts: 4005
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:58 am
Location: Nenuial, Arnor

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by COOLguy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:17 pm

No way. This cannot be happening
Thanks!
Josh

User avatar
DoomCarrot
Posts: 3089
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:04 pm
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by DoomCarrot » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:30 pm

:shock:

THE BATTLE OF THE CENTURY IS APPROACHING! :lol:

I shall update the brackets, good game Daniel vs. Lagitkiller!
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

User avatar
TheBluePhoenix
Posts: 1498
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:09 pm

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by TheBluePhoenix » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:00 pm

So battle 2016 will be COOLGUY THE DESIGMA(short for design manager) v/s DANIEL THE DEV
from the great empire of cool land pectorate, the noble and just ruler emperor james pitted against the greatest of the great, the valiant ruler of the complete world sans small lands under the forumers the greatest of the great , the godly king daniel
Behold forumers, i can even feel the ground shake...
Lookig up in the sky as two gods prepare to clash , giving me the feeling i got when i watched batman v/s superman :mrgreen: :D 8-)
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all


Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9401
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by Stratego (dev) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:22 pm

LagitKiller wrote:I just resigned against daniel, I had no way of coming back, good luck to the championship game
i think we should redo the match.
the castle incident was a key point there.

User avatar
DoomCarrot
Posts: 3089
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:04 pm
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by DoomCarrot » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:32 pm

TheBluePhoenix wrote:So battle 2016 will be COOLGUY THE DESIGMA(short for design manager) v/s DANIEL THE DEV
from the great empire of cool land pectorate, the noble and just ruler emperor james pitted against the greatest of the great, the valiant ruler of the complete world sans small lands under the forumers the greatest of the great , the godly king daniel
Behold forumers, i can even feel the ground shake...
Lookig up in the sky as two gods prepare to clash , giving me the feeling i got when i watched batman v/s superman :mrgreen: :D 8-)
This is beautiful. :lol:

Anyways, does LagitKiller agree to this rematch? I can easily change the brackets back.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

User avatar
First_Speaker
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:26 am

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by First_Speaker » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:02 pm

Daniel (the dev) wrote:
LagitKiller wrote:I just resigned against daniel, I had no way of coming back, good luck to the championship game
i think we should redo the match.
the castle incident was a key point there.
This is the pinnacle of honour. Daniel's honour ranking goes to 10.
Equality, unity, progress; there is no other way forward.

In unity is strength

User avatar
DoomCarrot
Posts: 3089
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:04 pm
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by DoomCarrot » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:22 pm

Daniel doesn't just have honor, all honor comes from Daniel. :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

LagitKiller
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by LagitKiller » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:19 pm

Daniel (the dev) wrote:i think we should redo the match.
the castle incident was a key point there.
DoomCarrot wrote:Anyways, does LagitKiller agree to this rematch? I can easily change the brackets back.
Thanks Daniel for offering a rematch, this is quite honorable and I am humbled. The castle was a big deal, but its not like as if I was winning before it happened, and I'd rather let the championship game get underway, so I must decline the rematch offer for the tournament. However, I would like a rematch to see how I really stack up against you and to settle who the best strategist is (definitely me), especially since it actually looked like an even game at first, but it shouldn't count towards the tournament. If you accept this counteroffer, make a game to your liking (no fog though) and pm me the password.

User avatar
DoomCarrot
Posts: 3089
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:04 pm
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by DoomCarrot » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:12 am

So be it, bracket update shall stay. Good luck if you two play again :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

User avatar
TheBluePhoenix
Posts: 1498
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:09 pm

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by TheBluePhoenix » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:22 am

LagitKiller wrote:
Daniel (the dev) wrote:i think we should redo the match.
the castle incident was a key point there.
DoomCarrot wrote:Anyways, does LagitKiller agree to this rematch? I can easily change the brackets back.
Thanks Daniel for offering a rematch, this is quite honorable and I am humbled. The castle was a big deal, but its not like as if I was winning before it happened, and I'd rather let the championship game get underway, so I must decline the rematch offer for the tournament. However, I would like a rematch to see how I really stack up against you and to settle who the best strategist is (definitely me), especially since it actually looked like an even game at first, but it shouldn't count towards the tournament. If you accept this counteroffer, make a game to your liking (no fog though) and pm me the password.
Lagt killer's honour goes to 9.999999... :shock: :o sorry lagtkiller, you cannot have a honour equal to the dev... (see hidden rules) :mrgreen: ;)
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all


User avatar
COOLguy
Posts: 4005
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:58 am
Location: Nenuial, Arnor

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by COOLguy » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:52 pm

COOLguy wrote:Let's see... I defeated First-Speaker in 36 turns. So I should be able to defeat DoomCarrot in 42? (longer because he has been playing longer than First-Speaker) :)
I guessed 2 off ;)
Image
Thanks!
Josh

User avatar
DoomCarrot
Posts: 3089
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:04 pm
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by DoomCarrot » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:55 pm

HA! The DCPR gave you a better fight than you expected! You underestimated us! :)

Brackets are updated... Good luck COOLGuy vs Daniel!
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

User avatar
COOLguy
Posts: 4005
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:58 am
Location: Nenuial, Arnor

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by COOLguy » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:02 pm

Daniel, please make my soldiers in green. That will represent the Kryptonite :)
Thanks!
Josh

Post Reply

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”