upgrade unlocks

Put here any discussion that does not fit to the specific forums.
Archer

upgrade unlocks

Post by Archer » Sun May 11, 2014 7:39 pm

Hey guys, just wondering, what upgrades do you guys recommend and in which order?? :D

balint

Re: upgrade unlocks

Post by balint » Sun May 11, 2014 7:41 pm

Well, I reccomend the castle and the spartan. they are very useful
This is Hungary and winter is coming.

Mairon

Post by Mairon » Mon May 12, 2014 8:23 pm

Lemme see - Blacksmith, the best of them all. I love the sweet bonuses, so I sometimes build two blacksmiths. :twisted:
Second - I can't decide between longbow, samurai and missionaries.
Third - Either dock, siege workshop or church.

The worst - Horse archer, because of low damage output compared to cost.
Elephant and elephant archer - good idea in theory, but they are the only expensive unit that can be coverted. It is quite easy and then, not only you don't gave it, you have an elephant against you. :o
Cheers, everything will go well! Yes, ask the other person to lend you something/go on a date/do anything else! They ain't gonna bite your head off!

Tar-Mairon, The Excellent in vanyarin is the name of Sauron [The Abominable] before his fall.

RBD

Post by RBD » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:56 pm

I'd disagree on Horse Archer being bad. They're my favorite scouting unit in the game--5 move speed and 7 sight range (plus the 5 attack range is a nice bonus), added to the fact that unlike falcon, it doesn't die to a single arrow. My score for the "Hungarian invasions of Europe I." is 177,579 and it's thanks to Horse Archer that I was able to achieve that. Alone, a single Horse archer is useful for scouting. As seen in the two "History of Hungary" campaign maps, a large group of them (with a small handful of supporting cavalry) is a devastating force that can sweep across large distances faster than basically any other army composition.

That being said, they do lose a lot of their value if the map has no Fog of War, especially if you don't start with a large number of them to begin with. :|

Return to “Other discussions about the game”