Dwarves

Here you can discuss what kind of races should be in the game.
Alexander82

Re: dwarves

Post by Alexander82 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:44 pm

This is a war smith. A worker that is also good at fighting
Attachments
War Smith just pants.png
War Smith just pants.png (23.09 KiB) Viewed 5752 times
War Smith.png
War Smith.png (20.26 KiB) Viewed 5752 times
Age of Fantasy design leader

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:22 pm

Othala rune - Its meaning is abundance. When used inside a tc or a factory that rune reduce by 1 the current turn cost
Attachments
Abundance Rune.png
Abundance Rune.png (20.43 KiB) Viewed 5752 times

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:37 pm

Uruz Rune - The rune of strenght. That rune, once researched, will affect dwarven melee unit, giving them a stronger attack
Attachments
Uruz Rune.png
Uruz Rune.png (20.43 KiB) Viewed 5752 times

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:11 am

here is a dwarf monk
Attachments
Dwarf Monk.png
Dwarf Monk.png (22.94 KiB) Viewed 5737 times

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:19 pm

hammer fighter
Attachments
Dwarf Hammer Fighter.png
Dwarf Hammer Fighter.png (22.85 KiB) Viewed 5735 times

Ublaz Mad Eyes

Post by Ublaz Mad Eyes » Thu May 05, 2016 11:11 am

Did I, at any time, hear "Icon maker"? I would like to have access to that!
YES, THE DAY WILL COME! HIS EMPEROR'S MOST EXCELLENT MAJESTY WILL CONQUER ALL!!!

NO, I AM NOT CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

Hardeep

Dwarves! Revived!

Post by Hardeep » Wed May 18, 2016 11:55 pm

Okay so seeing patroids distress I decided to make a less cluttered thread for these guys hoping that sanitation will encourage work ethic :D
Original thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=52
So, starting by ripping off Alexanders post.... Voila!
[quote]Race Symbol: Image

Buildings:
Craftsman GuildImage
A place high in Dwarven society, the guild is a powerful force behind the Dwarven empire. With a multitude of trades under its command and its perfection of stonework, it is a staple in any Dwarven city. (Builds upgraded workers, miners...not finalized)
Tavern: Image
Where you'll find both dwarf and man brought together by a cup of ale (Trains basic melee units)
Shooting Stand: Image
Home of the Dwarves that are too coward to face the enemy up close, and prefer to pick them off at a distance (trains ranged units)
Mountain Stronghold [Mega Mansion]: Image
Big stronghold that happens to also feature a mountain. Can train badass units
Kingdom under the mountain[Mega Mansion]: Image
A kingdom that was actually, strangely enough, built above ground and then buried by a mountain. It is rumoured that the Mighty War Machine Of DOOMdabad Halls Of Mighty WAR Ltd. managed to single handedly excavate and completely restore the city. Unfortunately, its people were not recovered. Can Train war machines and no Dwarves (maybe one or two super strong ones)
Rune Mason: Image
A dwarf hut that celebrates each and every day of the year by setting of Dwarvish fireworks. However, the Rune masons secrets are very closely guarded, and nobody but the Rune smiths get to see the spectacle. There are reports of the smell of burnt hair and singed beards, and "it always seems to be the Rune smiths who have a tendency to wake up late that have singed beards", says the local barber (can train Rune smiths and research Runes)
Dwarven LookoutImage
A bastion of defense for the dwarves. The fine Dwarven stonework allows 2 units to enter

Units
Worker: Image
Standard Worker Unit
Axeman: Image
Strong infantrist, should need 4 turns
Dwarven Crossbowman ImageImage
Main ranged unit
Abus gun: Image
Good distance fighter
best version: a shot is very strong but the gunner has to reload his weapon the turn after
when this isn't possible: good infantrist, should need 4 turns
Beserk: Image
Axe fighter with double-strike ability and a better armor then the Axeman
Dwarven Slayer: ImageImageImageImage
Slayer are particularly adept at killing giants, ogres, trolls, dragon, demons, big stuff!
Dwarven Defender: ImageImageImage
Something like a Jadgpather with an axe, really hard to kill and strong
Bear Rider: Image
Dwarven cavalry, 1 movement slower then normal riders but hard lance attack, bonus against cavalry
Boar Rider: Image
Dwarven Cavalry. Great against any non-mounted unit
Heavy Boar Rider: Image
Dwarven Cavalry. Upgrade for the Boar Rider. Even greater against any non-mounted unit and pretty sturdy
Bombarde: Image
Unit from the Mountain Stronghold, cannon
Rune Master: Image
Dwarven caster. We can research new runes at the rune master to make it use more spell-like abilities
Priest: Image
Dwarven warrior healer
Cleric: Image
Upgrade for the priest. Stronger and with a wider range
War Smith: Image
Unit that works both as fighter and worker
Dwarf Monk: Image
Expert in martial arts; his fists are hard as rocks and can heal by himself by regenerating every turn or by using his action to meditate fully healing and gaining attack power
Dwarven BillmanImage
Name is dumb, standard Anti cavalry unit for the Dwarves. I personally apologize but lately a carrot has been helping so please be respectful.
Dwarven War MachineImage
A War machine of WAR! Can be mended not healed, an invention of DOOM, so go easy on him ;) (see above)
Dwarven Hammer Fighter Image
Wielder of the Horn of Helm Hammerhand and the mighty hammer of Dain Ironfoot! King under the Mountain! (In because doomdabad is whiny)
Dwarven mortarImageImage
Can provide reliable fire support for the front lines, but cannot fire too close to itself. Maybe it requires to be limbered and unlimbered to move

Ships
Transport Image
Earlier concept designs and prototypes involved mainly stone and iron. However, this approach was abandoned after the first few dozen designs sunk, with them went quality stone and metals, along with some of the Dwarves most powerful magic.
Dwarven scytherImage
A powerful bronze plated ironclad warship. The ship is able to cleave through inferior wooden ships with ease, and the glare from the bronze inspires awe and terror into less intelligent creatures. Requires only a few trusty crew for both maintenance and sailing.

And Runes! I will list them here but we can add more!
Ice Rune: stuns the Enemy for some time but increases its defense while lowering sight to 1
Abundance: speeds up a FACTORY production by 1 turn not a TCs
Thorn: Counter attacks deal full damage without reduction
Stone: A temporary moving stone blockade (controlled by player)
Laguz/healing: does area healing +7 hp in a 3x3 area
Blinding: lowers sight to two for an enemy and its adjacent units(same as elephant splash damage)
Strength: +1 attack in a 3x3 area
Rage: +1 action for a single unit
Breeze: +1 movement for a unit and its adjacent units
Boulder: hits a unit for 10 damage,(he is concussed so) lowers that units sight by 2, attack by 3, and movement by 1, adjacent units take 5 damage.
Sap: Deals structural damage, not sure on how much, maybe 50% of its max hp (its risky to send your rune master that close)
Last edited by Hardeep on Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:25 am, edited 26 times in total.
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope

Hardeep

Re: Dwarves! Revived!

Post by Hardeep » Thu May 19, 2016 12:29 am

How to help:

-Rune images (Complete thanks to DOOMDABAD and Firstspeaker)
-Jsons if you know how to do them (wait for stats)
-Someone familiar with Aof stats(definitely not me :? ) to think up some stats!
-new unit suggestions
-more ideas on how rune system will actually work
-A lot of these existing images probably could stand being reworked or redone methinks, so to our artists feel free to do whatever you feel needs doing!

Join the fight for liberty! With Flügel der Freiheit on our backs, we will save this forum from special interests!
Join the Infowars today!
Members:
Darkknight The Venerable
Avalyn The Indomitable
Hardeep The Honourable
RiverRaider The Resolute
Elvenprincess The Eloquent
Patroid The Patriotic
Last edited by Hardeep on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot » Thu May 19, 2016 2:00 am

This race seems to have no anti-mounted units.

There should be a Dwarven Billman unit or something of the sort. A bill is kind of like a halberd, like this:

uploading images

Honestly any of these polearms would look good on a dwarf I think :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

patroid

Post by patroid » Thu May 19, 2016 6:41 am

Hi
That and 3 runes is all we have. If there a imgae need to be improved or changed, write
it here that elvenprincess, avalyn and me can work on (and hopefully dust adn alex too :-))

patroid

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot » Thu May 19, 2016 4:39 pm

I did some minor shading on the monk and war smith, as they looked very un-shaded, and the war smith's feet just looked.... wrong in both images. Tell me if this is better. Should all shadows just be a big black circle or is this ok?

how do you print screen

image uploading
Last edited by DoomCarrot on Thu May 19, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot » Thu May 19, 2016 7:22 pm

Here is a rough draft of a dwarf billman. If there is anything wrong with it, let me know. Image is 32x45.

Stats are identical to a pikeman for now...

image uploading

patroid

Post by patroid » Thu May 19, 2016 8:52 pm

Hi,
Looks good but,
2 suggestions:

-You forgot some outlines (helmet should be outlined) (blackborder)
-Shadowing need be done.

Concept seems cool and if his pike is broken he can use his
Sharp helmet xD

Patroid

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot » Thu May 19, 2016 9:29 pm

Yes, I figured someone was going to say something about the helmet not having an outline :lol:

I tried to outline it, but it makes it look like he either has no face, or his helmet just looks... bad. I think I can fix it though pretty easy. And by shadow do you mean shading? I gave him a pretty dark shadow already.

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot » Thu May 19, 2016 9:37 pm

Ok, I fixed the helmet and shaded him a bit. Also I noticed that I messed up the teamcoloring on all of them, so I fixed them all, and here is a final on all 3, if people like: :)

screenshot software

upload gambar

free upload image

eternallord

Post by eternallord » Fri May 20, 2016 1:17 am

Dwarf/Gnome alliance
Hammer Dwarf [Infantry]
Axe Dwarf [Infantry]
Rifle Dwarf (Ranged) >> Dwarf Minigunner (Upgrade)
Dwarven Engineer (Builder Unit)
Gnome Rocket trooper (Flying scout)
Gnome Harvester (Heavy Unit, tanker)
Mechnogome [Tiny weak one turn thruway unit]
Dwarven Metalsmith
1. Cannon ball (Hurls a chunk of metal)
2. Summon Iron Golem (Summons an iron golem, very slow moving, no ranged, high health and attack)
Gnomish Technomancer
1. Glitch (causes any mechanical unit like a ornithopter or boat to fail/get hurt)
2. Reprogram (Mechanical units can be converted)
3. Super beam (A beam which goes through the whole map either horizon)
Steamship [Transport]

These are just a few ideas that i think should be implemented. Two of the other races, (Elves and orcs) are a mixture of two races. Why not the dwarves? I also imagine dwarves as a technologically advanced race along with gnomes. They are steampunkers and stuff. Well, I hope you like my suggestions. :)

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot » Fri May 20, 2016 2:32 am

Here is something I made on my own. Based on the bombarde/dwarves being able to make high tech stuff. I call it a "Dwarven War-Machine"

I think it should have strong attack, lots of health, very high pierce armor, 1-2 move, and it cannot be healed but workers can mend it. Do you guys think this is a cool unit idea/image? I think it would go well with the building based theme, like war smiths and such.

print screen windows xp

I was thinking it would look cool if the smoke/steam coming out of its exhausts was animated, but I have no idea how to do that...

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot » Fri May 20, 2016 7:08 pm

Since no one replied I assume the image was not good :lol:

how is this?

upload a gif

Hardeep

Post by Hardeep » Fri May 20, 2016 7:50 pm

The smoke coming out of the head would be weird ingame, maybe an outline?

And the gnome idea is great, but if the gun unit is upgraded it should be arbalest ---> Rifleman

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot » Fri May 20, 2016 8:30 pm

Oh, wow, did not even see the gnome post, I really like the idea of a gnome/dwarf alliance, and it seems we were thinking alike on them having steampunk machinery sorts of things :)

However, I think some of the techs might be somewhat weird... Like converting mechanical units, as every other race that has mechanical units uses ones that are run by actual soldiers... (catapults, ships, etc). But I like the other ideas!

Also, about the war golem/war machine, What do you mean by a smoke outline? Do you mean make the smoke transparent?

Hardeep

Post by Hardeep » Fri May 20, 2016 9:49 pm

The smoke from the machines head has no outline, and would probably look like a blotch of white on the terrain above the thing.
Im not sure if it would seem weird but it might

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot » Fri May 20, 2016 10:17 pm

Well, I tried a black outline, but it made it look very cartoony, like a cartoon thought bubble :lol:

I could try reducing it to only a few white/grey halfway transparent pixels maybe, and if it is animated, I'm sure it would look decently cool :)

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot » Sat May 21, 2016 1:58 am

Boom, figured out how to animate, here is the gifs of the two, tell me which model is better! (Notice that the steam animation is barely visible against the forum background, it is mostly transparent so it won't look "blotchy" in game. :)

image url upload

image upload no limit

Hardeep

Post by Hardeep » Sat May 21, 2016 2:17 am

The first one is better (steam actually fluctuates)

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot » Sat May 21, 2016 2:24 am

The animation is exactly the same. :lol:

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy » Sat May 21, 2016 3:35 am

DoomCarrot wrote:Boom, figured out how to animate,
Great job man! I was wondering if I should email you. :)
Thanks!
Josh

patroid

Post by patroid » Sat May 21, 2016 10:21 am

Hi,
Boom Doom got a designer and trapped Hardeep :-)

So You can Take my Place :-)

Patroid

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot » Sat May 21, 2016 1:05 pm

So it is good? I personally like the first one better, but I made the second one for people who would not think there was enough teamcoloring.

Stats (mabye terrible and unbalanced, I haven't unlocked all AoF units :lol: ):

Cost: 6
Attack: 15
HP: 50
Armor: 0
Pierce Armor: 4
Move: 2

bonuses against buildings, maybe some other infantry, you get the idea. Cannot be healed by priests and such, but it can be mended.

Hardeep

Post by Hardeep » Sat May 21, 2016 4:08 pm

You got some nice images, but how would I upload them to the OP?
Alexander only dealt with imgur and simply used the img function......

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot » Sat May 21, 2016 4:22 pm

Then.... Upload to imagur? :lol:

Return to “Races”