waypoint: can only be 1x1 (this is the waypoint button in game with that button, there is no area option, i can not imageine how could be area)
Yep, it is clear now, your reference of "waypoint" term is the in-game logic of tile, i'm actually using the literal meaning of it as "point to go or place to be headed", in these terms, i'm sure now that waypoint isn't the correct term for it, so i will not use it from now on...
sorry i am totally lost here ("any version of triggger"), tell me what u would like to trigger with a specific example, because in this form i can not understand.
Ok, waypoint thing was not the best term to use here. So forget it from now on, let we start all over. Starting from the point of "what are i'm looking for?"
As i mentioned before, firstly is to select a group of units from the area A and trigger something when they reach to area B, so when they reach area B, something should happen, that can be any of the current effects, but the real focus is on ALL and ANY conditions (that is clearly a new logic)
, so the next question is "what are those for?"
First i will explain what is what. "All" should refer to everyone while "Any" to anyone, these 2 terms could be apply to any future trigger that works based in area (bigger than 1x1) since game logic would not make difference if the condition is targeted to a single tile.
With these, you can actually cover almost all possibilities possible of attacking, defense, escort, set improved puzzles or whatever map creators have in mind.
(Then read again my big text on last posts here again about how u can use them... But you probably might had get the point here)
The next question is "how they would work?"
This "point A/point B" situation , as it is a large area situation, can be divided into these 2 conditions, one is for Any, the other is for All, same for the ones that use "destroyed" term, so in the game logic view, the questions that it must do to itself are:
1) Any - Did ANYone of desired objects of playerNr had reached the area b?
2) All - Did everyone of desired objects of playerNr had reached the area b?
3) Any - Did ANYone of desired objects of PlayerNr had been destroyed?
4) All - Did every desired objects of PlayerNr had been destroyed?
That being translated respectivelly as:
1) "Cond: ANY Objs in area reached (new area, point b, Y2 or anything else you want to call) (with the optional player filter)
2) "Cond: All Objs in area reached (new area, point b, Y2 or anything else you want to call) (with optional player filter and mandatory "area cap")
3) "Cond: ANY Objs in area destroyed" (with optional player filter + optional obj filter, with hability to target categories as unit or buildables aswell)
4) "Cond: ALL Objs in area destroyed" (with optional player filter + optional obj filter, with hability to target categories as unit or buildables aswell)
So i explained what, why and how it should work, i guess now you get the base of what i'm thinking...
b) or a new logic where in ONE condition you can set not only 1 unit (by objxy) but multiple units - maybe via the "areaxy" or some other way.
Yep, this is what i want. But as you noticed, it is 4 triggers like this to fill the all's and any's conditions i listed above.
actually you can do it with setting a "condition" that a given unit reaches area - so it is in already for one unit.
you want to make several such triggers with same condition for all unit in one step? so in case of 5 units, you want to be geneerated 5 of this trigger with this condition?
same here: you want to make multiple conditions in one step? so if 5 units there generate 5 conditions (they will be in AND connections) in the given trigger?
Well, 5 infantry was just a basic example, one of the maps that i'm making, i would have to do that process over 60 times just for the units controled by the person... Not counting other triggers for the map, so for a newer player to editor, that is not nice to work with so many triggers at time (as for myself, i think work with maps with more than 20 overall triggers is already a bit abusive
), so reduce that is what i want. Like, if i could reduce those 60 triggers to just 1 or 2... Would be very happy. And probably not only myself... So then we can have richer maps with less efforth. Therefore, nice maps more often.