Thank you!

Put here any posts that are totally OFF TOPIC - has no connection with AOS/AOF, SWS and so on.

Thank you!

Postby patroid » Sat May 13, 2017 9:48 pm

Hello,
I yust finished my last A-level exam afew days ago and am nearly done with school now. First of all i wanna thank Daniel for the great time i had, participating on making this game. My english is still pretty bad but i learned alot while i helped making AOS better. I gonna have some little more free time now so i guess i can finally (how i promised long ago) finish my Vote Part that should be implemented inside the game. I hope my absence didnt offended anyone and i hope im able to do the Ingame Vote well.

I attached some memorys. All Units where i remember that i put my fingers on in some way are down there (35).

Patroid
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-05-13-23-33-50-1-367x270.png
Screenshot_2017-05-13-23-33-50-1-367x270.png (214.11 KiB) Viewed 632 times
patroid

Re: Thank you!

Postby Daniel (the dev) » Sun May 14, 2017 9:24 pm

hi! grats for the school! very warm welcome back! Good to see such a great, core member here again!
Daniel (the dev)
Site Admin

Postby Alexander82 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:39 pm

Great Patroid! Don't worry about your absence. Real life first! I'm happy you are back!
Alexander82

Postby COOLguy » Thu May 18, 2017 8:48 pm

Congrats my friend! Glad to have you back! :D
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Postby patroid » Fri May 19, 2017 4:49 pm

Thank you,
btw the forum got pretty quiet.
How can there be 2 new forumers with more posts then me that i dont even know(worker and mightyguy)?

Well yust a simple question, is Age of Strategy promoting itslef in any way?
Caus i fell like the game got nearly no new downloads since im here (it ever shows 500 000)

Patroid
patroid

Postby Daniel (the dev) » Sat May 20, 2017 3:11 am

patroid wrote:btw the forum got pretty quiet.
How can there be 2 new forumers with more posts then me that i dont even know(worker and mightyguy)?

yes it has a little less conversations, maybe most of us gets busy or something
patroid wrote:Well yust a simple question, is Age of Strategy promoting itslef in any way?

not really, only the known gem earning possibilities make some promotions on some forums.

patroid wrote:Caus i fell like the game got nearly no new downloads since im here (it ever shows 500 000)
google will not show you detailed value of the downloads, the next step after 500k will be the 1Millon download that is a little more time :)
currently the exact amount is: 788 288 downloads (i see the exact value via developer console) and it is now about +15k per months, there were better times with 40k per month values.
Daniel (the dev)
Site Admin

Postby Puss_in_Boots » Sun May 21, 2017 12:42 am

Daniel (the dev) wrote:yes it has a little less conversations, maybe most of us gets busy or something

Yeah, this what assumed as well.

It's nice to see you come back after some time patroid, and congratulations on school. I remember you having some posts that came after some of mightyguy's and worker's. So it is little bit odd you don't know them (or maybe you just forgot) :?:
Taste the RAINBOW!
I'M A FAN! :D
Puss_in_Boots

Postby Detros » Mon May 22, 2017 5:31 pm

See you around.
Detros

Postby COOLguy » Sun May 28, 2017 12:41 pm

I'm here. Just didn't have Wi-Fi :(
Facebook reach is currently like 770
And Youtube is like 180

So not bad, but we could probably reach more: Though we have to take into account metrics of retention, Daily User Activity, and percentages of engagement. AoS caters to a large portion of casual gamers I'd say (pre-teen and teen - I used to see a lot of "played with my brother" in the GP reviews).

Some good articles below about the various metrics. Strategy games are about medium popular by downloads, but generate the most revenue by far along with RPG. However, this is like Mobile Strike and Clash. I think TBS might be slightly less popular...

http://www.businessinsider.com/social-m ... cs-2013-12
https://medium.com/@sm_app_intel/new-mo ... f8eef64f66
http://www.gameanalytics.com/blog/metri ... -know.html
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Postby Puss_in_Boots » Sun May 28, 2017 11:45 pm

COOLguy wrote:AoS caters to a large portion of casual gamers I'd say (pre-teen and teen - I used to see a lot of "played with my brother" in the GP reviews).

Haha!

I've tried to get my brother to play too, but I guess he has different interest. :)
Taste the RAINBOW!
I'M A FAN! :D
Puss_in_Boots

Postby Dan301002 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:28 pm

Ah, only me that like this kind of games, it is all about strategy! Unfortunately my friends doesn't even play nor understands it and maybe i am the only one playing in my city. :P
I Prefer Stealth Combat More Rather Than Direct Combat.
Dan301002

Postby DoomCarrot » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:07 pm

Puss_in_Boots wrote:
COOLguy wrote:AoS caters to a large portion of casual gamers I'd say (pre-teen and teen - I used to see a lot of "played with my brother" in the GP reviews).

Haha!

I've tried to get my brother to play too, but I guess he has different interest. :)

Yeah, I got my brother to buy a tablet and get the game, so we can play long distance games. I feel like that is not an uncommon thing :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
DoomCarrot

Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Postby COOLguy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:41 am

Why did you buy an android device?

Well... actually there's this game you see
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Postby DoomCarrot » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:02 am

Lol, I think he rationalized it as well, because he had wanted a laptop for a while, and a tablet served a lot of the same purposes :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
DoomCarrot

Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Return to OFF Topics