Tournament of Dragons

Re: Tournament of Dragons

Postby Sunrise Samurai » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:35 pm

Ayush Tiwari wrote:
Sunrise Samurai wrote:Looks like things are getting intense. Definitely a great game to watch. Thanks guys for the play by play. It really makes it fun to watch.

Can we also do this?Becuase I really like watching it this way.

I've been hoping everyone would do this. Obviously, if you choose to use fog or stealth units, it gets harder, but by all means go ahead and give us a show. That's 90% of the fun tournaments​ offer is allowing everyone to be spectators.
The Tournament of Dragons has begun
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=4516&p=44652&sid=7430fb9fba1d158e718711599ac4e38e#p44652
Follow the progress on the link. Be sure to root for your favorite player
Sunrise Samurai

Postby DoomCarrot » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:10 pm

Out of curiosity how far are the other ganes?
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
DoomCarrot

Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Postby DoomCarrot » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:38 pm

Midonik builds forces in the north, and begins construction of a second castle. I press hard against his southern tc, and take advantage of Midonik's retreat to send reinforcements from the east to help the siege. My now fully upgraded goblin archers continue to harrass midonik's forces from range, and Midonik lacks archers to strike back. He may attempt a full out attack with his knight and swordsmen, but that will no doubt result in at least equal casualties, something he cannot afford, as he needs his soldiers more than I need mine.

The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
DoomCarrot

Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Postby General Brave » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:31 pm

I currently have one unit left, surrounded by all side in a tower.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
General Brave

Postby Sunrise Samurai » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:41 pm

General Brave wrote:I currently have one unit left, surrounded by all side in a tower.

One brave last stand huh. Should I call this a victory for the undead might of Daniel?
Sunrise Samurai

Postby Midonik » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:08 pm

Im in bad situation.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy,its si-fi themed: viewforum.php?f=135
All help will be welcome.
Midonik

Postby DoomCarrot » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:40 pm

Yes, he is:

I told Midonik to abandon the tc or face a full orc invasion. He did so, and so I have held back the full-scale onslaught.... For now.

My strength builds on all areas of the map. My raptor rider moves into one of the far south tcs finally (not in pic). What should have been Midonik's Southern lands are now fully under my control, although littered with casualties of both sides. A substantial orcish army builds on the frontline, and Midonik has little more then a few meager infantry between my army and his castles.

My point count went dangerously high this turn, and I ended with about 1600 compared to Midonik's 900.

DoomCarrot

Postby General Brave » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:22 am

Sunrise Samurai wrote:
General Brave wrote:I currently have one unit left, surrounded by all side in a tower.

One brave last stand huh. Should I call this a victory for the undead might of Daniel?

Was that a pun? Anyways my Knight fought the undead horror before receiving a spear to the back. I have learned not to let undead gain navel superiorly. Especially if the ships could take more that one shot.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
General Brave

Postby DoomCarrot » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:45 am

So daniel won? And menselot won? So ayush v. sacrednut and me v. Midonik are the only ongoing games still?
DoomCarrot

Postby Sunrise Samurai » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:29 pm

Haven't heard from menselot on that one, but I'll update the brackets as soon as I can manage for the results of Daniel vs. General Brave.

Edit: updated brackets and original post.
@Daniel please message me regarding map preferences and we'll make our match.
Sunrise Samurai

Postby Midonik » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:40 pm

I know how it looks,but orcs will pay a huge price for every step further in range of my 2 castles, fortress and growing numbers of archers.
Midonik

Postby DoomCarrot » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:19 pm

Tes, much orc blood shall be spilled, but to die in battle is the most glorious way for an orc to die. I shall overrun utterly and with overwhelming numbers, like the battle of Helm’s Deep. Except Midonik has no reinforcements to come to his rescue. :twisted:
DoomCarrot

Postby DoomCarrot » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:02 pm

The orc army invades 2 turns ago.

Midonik thinks he can defeat me by playing defensively, but he will not. Yes, many orcs will die, but I am utterly swarming him, here is my last turn:

I ended my turn with 1900 points to Midonik's 1000. When my urak hai army begins getting pumped out he will be in ultimate trouble :)
DoomCarrot

Postby Midonik » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:48 am

I'm defensive,but everyone with some idea about strategy know,that you can't win by defending.
Im desperately have to take initiative and south tcs,and that what my small offensive is going to do.
Hope it will be successful and my walls will hold orc's horde out of humans tcs.
Midonik

Postby Sunrise Samurai » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:07 am

Midonik: probably a bit late to advise this, but humans *can* win by playing defense, with enough workers. Catapult swarm is a viable strategy, and can actually defeat an enemy with more tcs, assuming you can get enough workers out to outproduce them.
Sunrise Samurai

Postby Midonik » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:47 am

I don't even have place for effectively building those catapults.
Midonik

Postby DoomCarrot » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:55 am

I have been picking off his workers to keep that from happening subrise
DoomCarrot

Postby Ayush Tiwari » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:53 pm

Beware,ettin is an abnormal creature
THE HOUNDS OF JUSTICE,is here,and NOONEISSAFE
Please come in the OFF TOPIC section,Topic-Time To Give This Thing A Justice,and in a the same off topic section,visit THE HOUNDS ASSEMBLY,and feel free to join us.
Ayush Tiwari

Postby Sunrise Samurai » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:58 pm

DoomCarrot wrote:I have been picking off his workers to keep that from happening subrise

Makes sense. I try to keep my workers hidden in TCs when I go that route. Honestly it doesn't seem like Midonik has a chance this go around.
Sunrise Samurai

Postby Ayush Tiwari » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:49 pm

Here is what happening in my game,
Ratio of TCs(Ayush to SacredNut)4:3
Unit Background:
Me:Three builders,A Raptor Rider
Sacred Nut:2 or 3 builders,an elvish spearmen(Which forced me to return my Raptor,an elvish archer.)
Current:I am building a Uruk Tent,almost complete and he is building a archery range(of elves),
I was about to capture a TC using a raptor,however,was blocked by............Elvish spearmen.But its too near,so I have taken a little risk,but I must do something.
Ayush Tiwari

Postby DoomCarrot » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:35 pm

I don’t have my tablet right now, but from the looks of midonik’s screenshot he might actually suceed in taking back that tc with his little invasion. However, My end game still stands. He has no way to slow my uruk hai production, and even if he manages to take all four of the southern tcs, he will be facing a serious problem when they begin to attack
DoomCarrot

Postby MightyGuy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:39 pm

A Little Tip For Midonik: (Just Trying)
-Try Calculating and read DoomCarrot"s Armies' STATS.
-Try 2 or 4 Healers, 2 Poison Archers, Crowdy Swordmen With Defensive Position.
-Try Training Knights or Light Cavalry(Knights has high and good quality HP)

Knights are good for defense because it is hard to kill than others.

2ND TIP: (You can still use this or not)
-Training Ornithopters (Ornithopter deals very very high damages especially Raptor Riders... Warg and other cavalries... Proved by myself) (Beware of fire effects) (Need A Worker unit for support of its HP)

All Of these are just my opinion.
A.K.A SacredNut
MightyGuy

Postby DoomCarrot » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:15 pm

The problem is he really can’t afford to waste precious production turns on techs at this point. Every turn spent producing a tech is a turn in which I make multiple units
DoomCarrot

Postby DoomCarrot » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:26 am

So, I don't know how everything works yet, and I wasted a healthy goblin with a fodder cannon, and I didn't know summoning a green dragon kills EVERYTHING around the shaman.... So I actually did more damage to myself this turn then midonik did lol.

But whatever, my filthy hordes march closer to victory every turn. Midonik's imperial died quickly to my ettin and wolf riders, and most of Midonik's invasion force is destroyed. He may press his assault, but he won't have much left afterwards besides a wounded knight.

I was forced to abandon the camp I was building in the south as it was in range of Midonik's finished castle. Ended my turn with almost twice as many points as Midonik, but he will no doubt make a few hundred of those points back on his turn:

P.S. Shoutout to that axe thrower, he has been around since turn 1. Just wanted to say I am proud of that veteran, but he will probably die now. :lol:
DoomCarrot

Postby Midonik » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:03 am

My "destroyed" forces conquered tc,and still are engoun strong to kill those few goblin archers. Your ettin is killed,but you will take that tc,I hope that not for long.
Your axe thrower will survive little longer,its not really dangerous to waste attacks on him.
Midonik

Postby DoomCarrot » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:58 pm

Midonik and I swapped tcs for a few turns it looks like. He managed to kill my ettin suprisingly, although not much else besides one or two goblins, which tells me that is probably the limit of his firepower right now. I kill a worker and some of his troops and finally take one of his original tcs.

My two volcanoes come close to completion. When they are finished, I expect my urak hai production to be nigh unstoppable for Midonik's defenses. He cannot expand any more. He has no where else to build, and I am killing any workers that linger outside. As far as I can see, this is the limit of his strength so long as I can stop his southern invasion.

All I must do is starve out the humans in their castles, and be careful not to lose any more southern tcs. Time is my ally right now.

DoomCarrot

Postby Midonik » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:19 pm

Well,Im loosing hope really quickly now.
Midonik

Postby DoomCarrot » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:31 pm

Midonik attempted to press deeper into southern territory, but was met with a fairly strong orcish army. He did not retake the northern tc, but he did kill some of the units I had in it. One of my volcanoes is completed, and my urak hai finally begin to arrive on the frontline. I build factories in the south to prevent another invasion.

DoomCarrot

Postby Midonik » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:58 pm

Well,I gonna just kill as many orcs as I can.
Midonik

Postby Skelegonsans » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:39 pm

I regret only knowing about this tournament now... this is really frickin fun to watch and must be even more fun to play. Not to mention I always wanted to see if I'm a match for people here at the forum. :mrgreen:
I hope I won't miss future ones-
"You won't recognize me at first, but I assure you, it's STILL ME."
(10 points if you guess where that quote's from! ;)
Skelegonsans

PreviousNext

Return to Championship