Tournament of Dragons

Re: Tournament of Dragons

Postby DoomCarrot » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:31 am

Don't worry skele, there will always be active tournaments so long as I am an active forumer.

As the current carrot cup closes, I will probably open a new carrot cup tournament. So far both carrot cups have been successful, as were the phoenix tourney and this tourney of dragons.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
DoomCarrot

Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Postby 'woken' Ayush Tiwari » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:13 am

DoomCarrot wrote:Don't worry skele, there will always be active tournaments so long as I am an active forumer.

As the current carrot cup closes, I will probably open a new carrot cup tournament. So far both carrot cups have been successful, as were the phoenix tourney and this tourney of dragons.

Hope someone make an AoWW tourney for future
Here,get down,lest we will take you far from your fate,we will take what you give,but you should make it deserving!HOUNDS OF JUSTICE!ALMOST ON ITS WAY!BE READY!

Karma,"Your action decides your destiny."
'woken' Ayush Tiwari

Postby DoomCarrot » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:07 am

The problem is that right now AoWW is not exactly tourney ready. It still needs a lot of playtesting before it is a truly balanced and in depth game imo
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
DoomCarrot

Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Postby General Brave » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:37 am

I'm just waiting for one of you to die. Maybe I should change to the Orcs because currently I'm pretty sure there are the strongest race but that might be too easy for me.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
General Brave

Postby DoomCarrot » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:41 am

I regain the south, and Midonik is forced back to his castles, severely weakened and depleted. He has a fair amount of archers, which are keeping my forces at bay, but I now have full control of the map for the most part, and I am about to invade from both East and South. I do not think Midonik has the strength to make another offensive. My massive production advantage is starting to kick into full gear, and he will now be facing hordes of uruk hai, goblins, wolf riders, and other assorted monsters with a handful of archers and swordsmen.

I ended my turn well over the double point limit. Lets see if Midonik can get it back on his turn.

DoomCarrot

Postby 'woken' Ayush Tiwari » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:44 am

DoomCarrot wrote:The problem is that right now AoWW is not exactly tourney ready. It still needs a lot of playtesting before it is a truly balanced and in depth game imo

I agree.We might only start after some months of release on Google Play

Also,DoomCarrot,please anwer this question-
How do you post the screenshots?Because when do,it says the size limit is 30.00kb
Here,get down,lest we will take you far from your fate,we will take what you give,but you should make it deserving!HOUNDS OF JUSTICE!ALMOST ON ITS WAY!BE READY!

'woken' Ayush Tiwari

Postby DoomCarrot » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:45 am

General Brave wrote:I'm just waiting for one of you to die. Maybe I should change to the Orcs because currently I'm pretty sure there are the strongest race but that might be too easy for me.

I would disagree. I think elves are probably most powerful if played correctly. It can be extremely frustrating to fight retreating elf archers with almost any race besides undead, who the elves are mostly forced to fight hand to hand. Elves also move demonically fast, and it can be really hard to keep elves from taking over more than half the map in the first few turns. Humans are easiest to play, and although they are a jack of all trades, they do not exceed extremely well in any particular area, besides defense (which is what orcs are good at cracking). Undeads can wreck or get wrecked, and are somewhat luck based. Orcs are very solid if you can get a production advantage, because orcs basically get exponentially stronger the more you group together. However, orcs often have trouble getting that advantage, because their units start out fairly weak by themselves.

The best way to deal with orcs is usually to prevent them at all costs from grouping together units. Keep them seperated, use area damage weapons (humans have catapults), and try to bait them into splitting up (which elves are very good at).

In a siege like in my game though, none of those are really an option for midonik lol
Last edited by DoomCarrot on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
DoomCarrot

Postby 'woken' Ayush Tiwari » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:50 am

The mass present over there is enough to finish up......Midonik.You can easily fall down his castles with Hamletback,and Orc Leader.

'woken' Ayush Tiwari

Postby DoomCarrot » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:51 am

Ayush Tiwari wrote:
DoomCarrot wrote:The problem is that right now AoWW is not exactly tourney ready. It still needs a lot of playtesting before it is a truly balanced and in depth game imo

I agree.We might only start after some months of release on Google Play

Also,DoomCarrot,please anwer this question-
How do you post the screenshots?Because when do,it says the size limit is 30.00kb

1.Take screenshot
2. Go to postimage
3. Upload photo and change size to 640 x 480 (for message boards)
4. Copy hotlink for forums, and past it into post
DoomCarrot

Postby Midonik » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:05 am

On the end of my turn,Doomcarrot needs only 100 points to have twice as me.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy,its si-fi themed: viewforum.php?f=135
All help will be welcome.

Fielderan Crown's Great Hetman
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=4729
Midonik

Postby DoomCarrot » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:56 pm

Midonik's tower has fallen, siege units begin to surround his castles, I kill two workers desperately trying to finish the catapult. I max out my production by building as many factorie as I can. The final assault has begun.

Also, the point count at the end of my turn. This miht be good game:

DoomCarrot

Postby 'woken' Ayush Tiwari » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:03 pm

Well,I am having a good enough start,however,I'll have to be aware of him.Since this an elf vs orc battle.A little wrong step and it will be the end for me.So I will put some effort and will try to encounter the most necessary thing-spearmen,because they disturb my strategy.And as soon as I see him building great tree,I will unleash my dragon.Because there is something which need to defeat him,and that is speed and range

https://postimg.org/gallery/2dfdwdp22/

'woken' Ayush Tiwari

Postby 'woken' Ayush Tiwari » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:05 pm

I already have an Uruk tent,and on construction is orc camp amd monster cave.He still building elven archery

'woken' Ayush Tiwari

Postby Skelegonsans » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:03 pm

DoomCarrot wrote:
General Brave wrote:I'm just waiting for one of you to die. Maybe I should change to the Orcs because currently I'm pretty sure there are the strongest race but that might be too easy for me.

I would disagree. I think elves are probably most powerful if played correctly. It can be extremely frustrating to fight retreating elf archers with almost any race besides undead, who the elves are mostly forced to fight hand to hand. Elves also move demonically fast, and it can be really hard to keep elves from taking over more than half the map in the first few turns. Humans are easiest to play, and although they are a jack of all trades, they do not exceed extremely well in any particular area, besides defense (which is what orcs are good at cracking). Undeads can wreck or get wrecked, and are somewhat luck based. Orcs are very solid if you can get a production advantage, because orcs basically get exponentially stronger the more you group together. However, orcs often have trouble getting that advantage, because their units start out fairly weak by themselves.

The best way to deal with orcs is usually to prevent them at all costs from grouping together units. Keep them seperated, use area damage weapons (humans have catapults), and try to bait them into splitting up (which elves are very good at).

In a siege like in my game though, none of those are really an option for midonik lol

Yes, elves are the most annoying race to defeat because of their insane speed. Combine good ranged damage with high speed and you get one elf archer that can kill many, many swordsmen on its own without even being hit at all (provided it has space to move around). Their only weaknesses are small maps, maps with a lot of water and melee combat. If none of these are present, a good elves player will beat basically anyone.

I tried playing them at a point but they don't fit my style much. I preffer Humans and Orcs (mostly orcs). I also try Undead once in a while and I imagine what a good Undead player can do with the insanely OP abilities some Undead units have. :idea:

And yeah, I think midonik is out of luck for this one, lol.

DoomCarrot wrote:Don't worry skele, there will always be active tournaments so long as I am an active forumer.

Ah, that is good to know. After watching this I really wanna try my luck at one. Maybe do this that you're doing with midonik too 'cuz that's really frickin' fun to watch
"You won't recognize me at first, but I assure you, it's STILL ME."
(10 points if you guess where that quote's from! ;)
Skelegonsans

Postby General Brave » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:12 pm

We could have a battle if you want. I'll be human and you be any race you want to be. I need something to do before my next round.
General Brave

Postby Midonik » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:43 pm

Well,Doomcarrot has almost twice points in the end of my turn,so I surrendered. It started to loos sense when he get control of tcs on shouth,and were senseless after fall of my mini offensive. Good game,but I get completely trampled by orc's horde,Im not really surprised.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy,its si-fi themed: viewforum.php?f=135
All help will be welcome.

Fielderan Crown's Great Hetman
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=4729
Midonik

Postby DoomCarrot » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:07 pm

The DCPR is proud to announce victory. Midonik has conceded the game:

Afterthoughts and recap:

This was a pretty interesting game. My first tourney round was a good warmup for me on how to fight humans with orcs, and I used that knowledge to my advantage this game.

When I first saw the map, I wasn't sure if I would be able to pull off a win. Midonik had 10 tcs on his side compared to my 8, and two of mine were waaaay far in the south. I realized that if I played normally and settled for just getting my tcs, Midonik would have a production advantage, and that would spell my doom playing orcs, which pretty much require hordes to break human defenses.

I knew the only way I could win would be if I somehow wrestled Midonik's southern tcs from him. That is why I immediately sent my raptor riders West. I sent them directly at Midonik, so he would think I was attacking him head on and produce pikemen to defend. This is exactly what he did, and I diverted and outraced him to his southern lands.

Had Midonik sent his light cavalry South instead of using them to defend his tcs against a posible raptor attack, I would not have been able to take and hold the Southern tcs. This was the crucial mistake that Midonik made which ultimately cost him the game.

Midonik was wise to retreat to fortifications when he realized what my gameplan was. Had he focused more on siege weapons instead of infantry, he might have still been able to have a comeback, as catapults are a very big problem for orcs. He focused largely on infantry thouh, which did very little ultimately. ost of his swordsmen were just cannon fodder for my archers and literal fodder cannons lol.

Midonik'slast desperate invasion into the Soith was a good move, and actually caught me a little off guard. However, it was really just too little too late.

Midonik would have won this game had I played like an AI. However, I obviously played as a human, and tried to predict what Midonik's reactions would be to my own moves, with very great effect. This game hinged on a sort of mental warfare, and had Midonik seen what my plans were in the first few turns, I would have been thwarted and likely defeated. Some things to take away from this game:

1. Always prepare for ANY move your opponent might make. For instance, I did not expect Midonik to counter-rush my land with his cavalry, but I had begun building a raptor rider just in case he decided to do so. He did, and what might have been a serious problem was easily countered.

2. Always assume that your opponent is being deceptive. Had Midonik assumed that my raptor attack was a feint, and sent his cavalry south, he would have ruined my plan. He could have built a pikeman or two in case I decided to attack his tc's anyways.

3. Don't always play defensively. Just because you have a difficult start, doesn't mean you should or have to play defensively. I won because I played aggressive. Midonik lost because he played a bit too defensive. This is not to say that I have not been defeated by a defensive player on many occassions.

Good game Midonik, good luck to you in this tourney. :)
DoomCarrot

Postby General Brave » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:29 pm

Midonik, I presume my next Challenger.
General Brave

Postby General Brave » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:46 pm

Only if he went straight to Siege weaponry and Fireball Mages.
General Brave

Postby DoomCarrot » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:56 pm

YES. I forgot about the fireball mages. That would have been problematic as well :)
DoomCarrot

Postby Skelegonsans » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:12 am

@general brave
I would accept, It would be a good warm-up and nice for me to get used to playing against humans again - but unfortunately I still haven't recovered my multiplayer account... I have spoken to daniel about it already and hopefully I'll get it back soon. Because honestly I don't want to start everything from scratch. ^^'
(*cough* not to mention the 800+ gems I got from making maps for the Dragons Origin campaign are also there *cough*)
I definitely won't try to fight without the upgrades as I'll likely get spanked way harder than if I had them. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You won't recognize me at first, but I assure you, it's STILL ME."
(10 points if you guess where that quote's from! ;)
Skelegonsans

Postby DoomCarrot » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:27 am

skele check your pms. I can help you recover your lost gems.
DoomCarrot

Postby Sunrise Samurai » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:29 am

Nice going Doomcarrot. I'll update the brackets now. I think we ALL saw a great deal to learn in that game.

On the strongest race debate: I've been noticing that the races seem to scale in strength with their difficulty to use.

@stratego: still waiting for you to get in touch with me for our game.
The Tournament of Dragons has begun
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=4516&p=44652&sid=7430fb9fba1d158e718711599ac4e38e#p44652
Follow the progress on the link. Be sure to root for your favorite player
Sunrise Samurai

Postby Sunrise Samurai » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:42 am

Brackets are updated. It appears most of the games are waiting on menselot and kinglawrence, so if you guys could let us know about your progress please.

Also, MikeyHud: I know you haven't had anything going on yet. could you post something just to let us know you're still alive.
Sunrise Samurai

Postby 'woken' Ayush Tiwari » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:22 pm

Also, MikeyHud: I know you haven't had anything going on yet. could you post something just to let us know you're still alive.

:lol:

'woken' Ayush Tiwari

Postby DoomCarrot » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:15 pm

MikeyHud’s last post was in october.... He isn’t an active forumer to begin with, so I wouldn’t get any hopes up. I think Nenselot will get an easy pass to me, because last I heard he was destroying lawrence like a month or two ago. I asked him if he won in the in-game chat room but he didn’t respond
DoomCarrot

Postby Menselot » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:29 pm

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
Menselot

Postby Menselot » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:30 pm

Almost finished !!! :lol:
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

Menselot

Postby Menselot » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:34 pm

King Lawrence is a worthy opponent !!!!

The only mistake he did is instead of trying capture towns he was waitting for me to showup...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

Menselot

Postby Sunrise Samurai » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:34 pm

Looking good. Thanks for the update. Let us know as soon as the match ends.
Sunrise Samurai

PreviousNext

Return to Championship