Janissary

COOLguy

Janissary

Post by COOLguy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:00 am

These were Turkish elite infantry, recruited from slaves but very loyal (in modern usage, someone who is called a 'Janissary' is an extremely devoted follower). In the game, I see this as being quick anti-infantry infantry unit: in some ways like a cheaper but weaker chariot.

So some stat ideas are:

cost 2
speed 4
hp 18
attack 6
armor 0/1
convert resistance 100%
small bonuses against most infantry units

I attached below a concept image.

If you would like, please help me to develop the idea (stats,image...) :)
Attachments
Ott_i_janissaries_cemaat.png
Ott_i_janissaries_cemaat.png (94.13 KiB) Viewed 1192 times
Thanks!
Josh

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Janissary

Post by DoomCarrot » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:35 am

Well, Jannissaries (spelling) were basically one of the most elite military groups in history, up there with samurai and mamlukes from what I know. They were a small group, and basically acted as the emperors personal bodygaurds and FBI. Eventually, they became so powerful and dangerous to emperial control that they were all killed/disbanded in what almost became an overthrowing of the empire.

P.S. they typically carried guns, seeing that they existed in the late 1300's -1600's, for the most part.

I think a cool unit, but deffinately should be a powerful unit, and not 2 turns to make...
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:28 pm

Ok, let's change them to cost more between a Spartan and a Legionnaire. That's a good idea (i think :) )
Is it Janissary = 1 Jannissaries = more than 1?
Thanks!
Josh

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:50 am

That sounds about right. And I think thats how it is spelled, I'm not 100% sure though. :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

patroid

Post by patroid » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:14 pm

Hi
I googled and found many with eaely guns, ao i made one
With gun.
I gonna chabge it later ti a simple blade (if uts needed)

Patroid
Attachments
janissar.png
janissar.png (867 Bytes) Viewed 1143 times

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:10 pm

Nice! The turban looks a little bit like a Rebellion helmet in Star Wars Ep. IV :) Maybe if the white band was diagonal that would help... I think that is my opinion.

Let's do both: one with a gun, and one with a blade (like the ashigaru) :D
Thanks!
Josh

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:17 pm

COOLguy wrote:Nice! The turban looks a little bit like a Rebellion helmet in Star Wars Ep. IV :) Maybe if the white band was diagonal that would help... I think that is my opinion.

Let's do both: one with a gun, and one with a blade (like the ashigaru) :D
Lol, he does like like a star wars rebel :lol:

And I think if he becomes a gun unit, he should be like a much more accurate ashigaru.

Return to “Unit - infantry”