Votes on the "Percental building process" - LMIP II) 1) i)

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
duneix

Votes on the "Percental building process" - LMIP II) 1) i)

Post by duneix » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:10 am

This proposition comes from the List of major improvement propositions (LMIP) edited in 2017 :D
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3620

Definition
The construction of buildings or units should be calculated in percentage instead of absolute values.

Reason
Absolute values have the problem to be very unaccurate because they are all rounded. This leads to the following incoherences for example:
. catapults are built as fast by laborers than by workers (1hp a turn for both / 2hp a turn when the catapult is upgraded)
. barracks/stables/... being built in 3 turns by both workers and laborers, but in 4 turns when built by laborers once masonry is discovered
If the construction of the buildings were calculated in percentage, it would take much more time to build it with laborers than with workers, which I think is normal. Workers working on catapults for example would build 6,25% a turn (16 turns), but laborers would build only 4 or 5%, so it would last 20 to 25 turns.

Outstanding issues
Right now a laborer is 70% as efficient as workers and cannot launch constructions. In 12 turns, it's possible to build 6 laborers / 4 workers, and their mending rate would reach together 6x7 = 42hp / 4x10 = 40hp.
I think this is not enough, laborers should be slightly more efficient (mending rate 8) in order to a strategic option. Else it's much more interesting to build only workers.
Last edited by duneix on Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Detros

Re: Votes on the "Percental building process" - LMIP II) 1)

Post by Detros » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:29 am

duneix wrote:If the construction of the buildings were calculated in percentage, it would take much more time to build it with laborers than with workers, which I think is normal. Workers would build 6,25% a turn (16 turns), but laborers would build only 4 or 5%, so that it would last 20 to 25 turns.
Are you talking about Castle there?

duneix

Post by duneix » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:15 pm

Detros wrote:
duneix wrote:If the construction of the buildings were calculated in percentage, it would take much more time to build it with laborers than with workers, which I think is normal. Workers would build 6,25% a turn (16 turns), but laborers would build only 4 or 5%, so that it would last 20 to 25 turns.
Are you talking about Castle there?
Sorry I've edited my post which was unclear. I was still talking about catapults ;)
Actually it's a large problem which concerns every constructions. Because of this rounding, laborers are sometimes favored (catapults for ex), sometimes penalised (catapult ship or cannon ships if I remember).
On bigger buildings such as castles, the difference is very tight because it has 1000hp, so the rounding doesn't make any difference.

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:51 am

I actually think this would be very good if it could be implemented
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:00 pm

I agree and laborers should be more a workforce with workers being the "engineers" and 2 workers should be at least slightly more efficient than a worker, otherwise they are useless.

Alpha

Post by Alpha » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:44 pm

I agree
Awoo~ my dudes!

Return to “Gameplay & UI”