Poison and Fire

We want to know your opinion about the game, and that's the right place to go. Here you can also vote new units and techs.
GregDB

Poison and Fire

Post by GregDB » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:10 am

Dryads are mobile unit, but their damage is too small. Fire effects are stackable on single target, why not to make poison stackable too? So units with poison effects might be much more usefull. Also it will let to elves stop undead early agression with knights spam, cos (its strange) poison work on undead units (they are dead, how poison can deal dmg to them? Or its toxic, so it can, hm, logic in games).
Beware mortals! I am the Overlord of Burgundy well known as White Necromancer. My armies will crush anyone who opposes my order.

DreJaDe

Re: Poison and Fire

Post by DreJaDe » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:51 am

Actually elves' wolf spam is more dangerous than the undead Knight at first, they can eat undeads if the map is too small. Poison I think is just a game mechanic like many other things here, just treat it as fantasy.

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:49 am

Dryad will be later updated. But poison mechanic (of current poison) will stay as it is right now.
makazuwr32 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Please when you ask to change something argument why do you want that change. ...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on. Some real info why it must be done.
© by Makazuwr32™.

Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:26 am

I still think skeletons should be immune to poison, fire is common enough to burn them.
RED, WHITE and BLUE!

DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:49 am

IDK about that, I don't think burns are that easy to burn but if fantasy, maybe (like the poison)?

Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:47 pm

In fantasy poison is still poison, and you need flowing blood, or a working digestive system for it to do any harm. Most Undeads don't have either.
RED, WHITE and BLUE!

GregDB

Post by GregDB » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:34 am

Poison also can be toxic dmg, like acid. Acid corrodes bones better than fire.
Beware mortals! I am the Overlord of Burgundy well known as White Necromancer. My armies will crush anyone who opposes my order.

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:17 am

Acid and poison are different things. Poison should not affect undeads. Any forms of poison.

Acid on the other hand should affect undeads, buildings and heavy armored units.

Also we are thinking about at least 3 acid effects:
Disarmoring acid, that lowers enemy armor, affects all units;
Damaging acid, that will work like fire, including stacking with itself, affects categories above, unlisted categories won't be affected;
Anti-building acid, similar to damaging, but less powerful against normal units and more powerful against buildings.
makazuwr32 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Please when you ask to change something argument why do you want that change. ...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on. Some real info why it must be done.
© by Makazuwr32™.

Return to “AoF Votes and Polls”