Missionary upgrade

Post Reply
User avatar
Endru1241
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:43 am
Location: Poland

Missionary upgrade

Post by Endru1241 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:03 pm

Upgrade for the missionary:
Why?
Because after all upgrades it's the weakest healer of all.

My proposition: +1 heal range, +8 heal, +20% conversion resistance - upgrades from priest upgrade tech.
Definitely no conversion range increases and no speed increases!
Conversion chance should also stay the same

name: Missionary Priest
Attachments
unit_missionary_upg.json
(3.67 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
unit_missionary_upg.png
unit_missionary_upg.png (1.23 KiB) Viewed 150 times

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9416
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: Missionary upgrade

Post by Stratego (dev) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:14 pm

good to go!

User avatar
StormSaint373
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:35 pm
Location: USA, East Ohio

Re: Missionary upgrade

Post by StormSaint373 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:24 am

I don't see reason to penalize missionary by not increasing Spell Range and convert chance

At least from 30%- 50%

And spell rng to 3... For both heal and convert

Otherwise, why even upgrade him?
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .

User avatar
patroid
Posts: 1173
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:58 am
Location: Germany, Berlin

Re: Missionary upgrade

Post by patroid » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:52 am

Hi,
I had to

Patroid
Attachments
horsewhite.png
horsewhite.png (1.82 KiB) Viewed 136 times
horseunshaded.png
horseunshaded.png (1.8 KiB) Viewed 136 times
horsered.png
horsered.png (1.86 KiB) Viewed 136 times
horsegrey.png
horsegrey.png (1.83 KiB) Viewed 136 times
horsebrown.png
horsebrown.png (1.8 KiB) Viewed 136 times
horseblack.png
horseblack.png (1.85 KiB) Viewed 136 times
default.png
default.png (976 Bytes) Viewed 136 times

User avatar
LordOfAles
Posts: 3661
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:27 pm
Location: Montenegro

Re: Missionary upgrade

Post by LordOfAles » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:53 am

The poses look weird. He looks like a dwarf.
The Crusade never ends...

User avatar
patroid
Posts: 1173
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:58 am
Location: Germany, Berlin

Re: Missionary upgrade

Post by patroid » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:11 am

Hi,
agreed

patroid
Attachments
newwizard.png
newwizard.png (1.75 KiB) Viewed 134 times
horseunshaded.png
horseunshaded.png (1.8 KiB) Viewed 134 times
horseblack.png
horseblack.png (1.85 KiB) Viewed 134 times
default.png
default.png (976 Bytes) Viewed 134 times

User avatar
LordOfAles
Posts: 3661
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:27 pm
Location: Montenegro

Re: Missionary upgrade

Post by LordOfAles » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:13 am

The first one looks much better!
The Crusade never ends...

DreJaDe
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 10:19 pm

Re: Missionary upgrade

Post by DreJaDe » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:26 am

I might be the only one thinking but isn't the Missionary's stick a bit heavy looking to be handled in one hand? Even for a wooden spear, holding it like that never a good idea.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9416
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: Missionary upgrade

Post by Stratego (dev) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:59 pm

it is nice how it come more 3dish by Patroid image, but the suggested new look looks not so natural not sure why. i mean the horse position.

User avatar
Endru1241
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:43 am
Location: Poland

Re: Missionary upgrade

Post by Endru1241 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:28 pm

StormSaint373 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:24 am
I don't see reason to penalize missionary by not increasing Spell Range and convert chance

At least from 30%- 50%

And spell rng to 3... For both heal and convert

Otherwise, why even upgrade him?
Convert range is already 3 in base missionary stats. My json brings upgraded one heal range to 3.
He has base 20% chance (persuasion brings it to 50%), while priest (upgraded healer) has 40%.
With 50% he would be much stronger, so a definite no. Maybe +10% wouldn't destroy balance.
And even if he wouldn't get any convert chance it's not actually penalization - he's getting "free" upgrade if you upgrade priest. And the pries upgrade is actually bringing some balance, as missionary is clearly better than base healer - same heal range, 40% worse heal, twice the speed, the same conversion chance, but missonary has actually greater effective range (4 speed + 3 range vs 2 speed + 4 range).
While Comparing against priest missonary has greater effective range, but less chance.

Summarizing - I could agree to +10% conversion chance additionally (to 30%, 60% with persuasion).
Others?

User avatar
Puss_in_Boots
Posts: 2602
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:23 am

Re: Missionary upgrade

Post by Puss_in_Boots » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:00 am

No, no extra conversion chance thank you. We don't need to buff the priest tech anymore than it is suggested as now.
RED, WHITE and BLUE!

User avatar
Morningwarrior
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:44 pm

Re: Missionary upgrade

Post by Morningwarrior » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:03 am

The missionary upgrade could add a speed point, as well as having in my opinion 2 actions / turn and 5 turns to research.
Glory to doritos,remember.

User avatar
Endru1241
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:43 am
Location: Poland

Re: Missionary upgrade

Post by Endru1241 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:13 am

Endru1241 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:03 pm

Definitely no conversion range increases and no speed increases!
I don't even know how to comment on double action.

User avatar
LordOfAles
Posts: 3661
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:27 pm
Location: Montenegro

Re: Missionary upgrade

Post by LordOfAles » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:15 am

Or cost raise. You don't upgrade a unit to make it more expensive.
The Crusade never ends...

Post Reply

Return to “Unit - mounted”