Utilities, Tools to use on editing jsons

Follow this forum if u are a modder (having the modded version)
Contains announcements and how-to guides
Useful for forumers who want to learn how to help out in the game
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Utilities, Tools to use on editing jsons

Post by Stratego (dev) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:56 pm

i am writing this because idk what untilities are u using currently and i have some nice ones that might help you (for PC)
1. If you want to edit multiple jsons at once (eg. adding a category to them) use Notepad ++ you can edit any number of files at once.

2. compare two jsons (to see thechanges) use Total commander it has: Files/Compare By Content option

3. compare many file contents eg. 2 complete asset folders (to see all changes betw. 2 asset folder versions) - use Total commander it has: Commands/Synchronize Dirs option, very good in comparing complete directories and the file contents! (this is the one i use when i receive an asset folder so i quickly see all changes in all files - and i approve them individually - eg. when i have newer version of something )

4. Simply editing jsons: i use TextPad

5. Multi update filenames!: Total Commander there is a multi-file-rename-tool! i was able to rename all _und_ to _undead_ in one click! did u know that?

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Utilities, Tools to use on editing jsons

Post by Stratego (dev) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:58 am

5. Multi update filenames!: Total Commander there is a multi-file-rename-tool! i was able to rename all _und_ to _undead_ in one click! did u know that?

Return to “Modders lounge”