A new hero.

Put here any discussion that does not fit to the specific forums.

Moderator: Endru1241

FiredClay

A new hero.

Post by FiredClay » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:02 am

I want a leader who uses a hammer once his nation is under threat because he once gave an oath to never bear a sword again after the his son tried to upsurt the throne from him and he had to kill his own son for the good of the whole nation. I think I have an atleast two campaigns worth of a story but I just have to write it all down so I can build them in the map designer.

Is this interesting?
Last edited by FiredClay on Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

COOLguy

Re: A new leader

Post by COOLguy » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:28 am

Yes cool. The first sentence sounded like Charles Martel (who we need to make eventually) but the rest was really unique and cool.
Thanks!
Josh

FiredClay

Post by FiredClay » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:17 pm

Is there some way to make a template for the map designer?

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:24 pm

At first, when you mentioned a hammer, I though this was going to be about robert baratheon from game of thrones. :lol:

Cool story though. We need more coherent story in the campaigns imo.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

FiredClay

Post by FiredClay » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:14 pm

I have much more than just what you've seen but I have yet to iron out all the details so the story is comprehensive while worked through the medium of a storyline. The story is still in it's raw form but it is taking a good shape.

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:54 pm

DoomCarrot wrote:At first, when you mentioned a hammer, I though this was going to be about robert baratheon from game of thrones. :lol:

Cool story though. We need more coherent story in the campaigns imo.
He has a LOT of good ideas for a story - it's a very impressive framework from what he's shown me. :)
Thanks!
Josh

FiredClay

Re: A new hero.

Post by FiredClay » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:33 pm

I've been tossing around a idea to make a changeable map, a map that changes due to how the map is played.
Example:
If a unit is destroyed before a different one, the map sequence flow changes but the end result is the same. Is this interesting?

I also have some thought on how to reorganize the trigger list to help speed up the gaming in refrence to the map I have already made, however this is slow work made slower due to family health issues and trying to smooth out my writings for a better, more realistic flow to my story

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:46 pm

I have been kinda thinking about it lately- its not that all easy and i am trying to convince dev a bit to introduce some useful triggers to make this kind of adaptive gameplay possible. I had tried making a map but its still far from done- many problems
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:43 pm

If we had a simple boolean thing that would make this possible.

For instance: If either unit is destroyed, bool = true. when a unit is destroyed check to see if bool is true first.
But currently nothing like this exists. Or maybe I'm missing something. I've never seriously made a triggered campaign map.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:42 am

Well its not that it 'CANNOT' be made, its just that it is quite difficult and lengthy to do so with the present set of triggers
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Hardeep

Post by Hardeep » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:01 am

Damn straight....... :D
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:03 am

i am open to any new triggers, please summarize the trigger requesest into individual "new trigger: yxy" topics where you can
- summarize how it should work
- declaring if it is an EFFECT or a CONDITION type
- what input is accepted for it
- what inputs are mandatory
- and (in case of EFFECT) what action will that do (on fireing)

(it is very hard to get the idea without reading tru all posts - and sometime reading tru a lengthy thread is more time consuming than implementing a trigger - general trigger changes (even new ones) are implemented in 10 minutes.

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:02 am

Ok i will create new threads for the triggers i mailed to you

FiredClay

Post by FiredClay » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:46 pm

I'm thinking I need to write out the triggers on a note pad so I can prioritize the trigger list for my map. Priorities such as declare victory needs to be the part of the first trigger. The last trigger needs to be triggers containing once and done cond such as player 1 turn 1

Basically prioritize the lists based on when the cond takes place within the map.

FiredClay

Post by FiredClay » Thu May 05, 2016 12:06 am

"Well, this isn't any good."
There's ragnor's macrabre sense of humor, again!
"Shoulder to shoulder!" I command. "Fall back retreat west, sheilds ready!" I call out to the commanding officers of my troops as enemy arrows fly into our midst.
"SIR! WE WILL BE CUT OFF FROM THE MAIN ARMY!" Yells one of my advisory commanders, what ever his name is.
"The enemy is flooding through the southern passes! We must rouse what is left of our people west to go north and evade this enemy. Our main army has to stop the army at the passes to give us time to get the refugees beyond harm." I explain.
"How will our people evade harm if we go north. The barrier is still intact and there is no decent passage east across the maintains except the pass our main army is blocking?" Another advisory commander asked.
We will go through the hidden passage!"

FiredClay

Post by FiredClay » Thu May 05, 2016 12:08 am

That's what I have. Little teaser. I still have to add/confirm a few detail before I even try to make a map for this

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy » Thu May 05, 2016 2:04 am

Ah, that Ragnor. But of course! The secret passage - good plan! :) I will follow your lead Commander!
Thanks!
Josh

FiredClay

Post by FiredClay » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:04 pm

The "bad guy/evil empire emperor's" story.

Seeking power, a man destroyed the items that help a tether to untold powers unto him.
He became some sort of dark druid (maybe, the who could be subject to change) gaining great prowess but losing what wisdom and humanity he had. Something about the item pieces slowly destroyed him, who he was.

Together, the power combined to make him into something more than the human he once was.

He ran faster than the faster horses and twice as far as fresh ones could travel.
The strength of his blow was like repeated fire from seige engines and a swing from his mace made armies crumble.

Possessed and consumed by power and the greed for more, he conquered all in his way to rule with a fist beyond iron.

How could Liam defeat him?

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:51 pm

Send achilles to duel him :lol:

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:29 pm

Or Chuck Norris :lol:
Thanks!
Josh

Hardeep

Post by Hardeep » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:49 pm

Send me :twisted:
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:49 am

COOLguy wrote:Or Chuck Norris :lol:
CHICKADEE BUMBLEBEE Norris? :lol:
Hardeep wrote:Send me :twisted:
No. You would probably end up converting this unstoppable weapon to the infowars.
Last edited by COOLguy on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed innacurate content lol ;)

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:34 am

DoomCarrot wrote:
COOLguy wrote:Or Chuck Norris :lol:
CHICKADEE BUMBLEBEE Norris? :lol:
Hardeep wrote:Send me :twisted:
No. You would probably end up converting this unstoppable weapon to the infowars.
Quick abuse of mod powers :P
Thanks!
Josh

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:23 pm

DNAIEL MOD ABUSE PLZ NERF REMOVE MOD POWERZ TOO ABUSIVE!!!11! :lol:

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:59 pm

:D
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “Other discussions about the game”