Unit damage imunity ANSWERED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.

Moderator: Endru1241

Morningwarrior

Unit damage imunity ANSWERED

Post by Morningwarrior » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:29 pm

Units with armor points greater than damage from the attacking opponent are unharmed, for example the foot knight has 4 armor points, a pike has 4 damage and this makes the foot knight immune to pike damage. and it would be much better in my opinion as the spartan hoplite to deal damage from a peasant that deals 1 max or a squire with a ram now 18 pierce armor still receiving 1 max damage, it would be better to upgrade this damage system on game.
Glory to doritos,remember.

Endru1241

Re: Unit damage imunity

Post by Endru1241 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:42 pm

Nah - I don't like that.

In my believe hp represents a combination of resilience/endurance, physical build, experience (or training), armor (destructible, weaker parts), position (mount). Maybe even some more things I forgot about right now.
Any soldier is affected by battle - they become tired, armor is getting wearied down. That's why units do loose 1 hp - it's representation of cumulation of little damage (like bleeding) and weariness.

Balance-wise I don't think virtually indestructible units are good - any unit should be defeated by cumulation of damage by bigger number of weaker units, even if it's not tactically reasonable to do it.

Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:08 am

But that's what I thought I knew you wouldn't agree with, but it was really kind of an imbalance to the game in the end, you're right.

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:53 am

Morningwarrior wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:29 pm
Units with armor points greater than damage from the attacking opponent are unharmed, for example the foot knight has 4 armor points, a pike has 4 damage and this makes the foot knight immune to pike damage. and it would be much better in my opinion as the spartan hoplite to deal damage from a peasant that deals 1 max or a squire with a ram now 18 pierce armor still receiving 1 max damage, it would be better to upgrade this damage system on game.
Why knight would become immune to pike?
Pikeman has bonus against knight.

Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:18 am

"Foot knight" - heavy infantry unit with 4/3 armor in first tier already.
Hoplite could be used as even better example - zeroing damage after armor would make him impervious to swordsman (without blacksmith, aura or buffs).

Morningwarrior

Re: Unit damage imunity ANSWERED

Post by Morningwarrior » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:22 pm

Yean this mecanic would unbalance some units and others would be very over power.

Return to “Unit balancing”